Thursday, September 8, 2011

In Christ Alone

Homeschooling Daniel has been going great so far! I am already seeing some wonderful improvements in him.  He told me last week that I was his best teacher ever and gave me a huge hug.  Priceless.  Ashley and Nathan are doing wonderful in school as well.  I am so thankful for how hard they work and the pride they take in the work they do.  Ashley just started dance up again and Nathan's first football game is Saturday!  Daniel earned his green belt in taekwando.  It has been a busy few weeks, to say the least. 

I have been trying to figure out for a week what to write in my blog.  I just have not been able to come up with anything.  I will be honest, it has been very hard for me to spend quiet time before the Lord.  But as I sat here this morning in the quiet, one of my favorite songs came on and I felt like I needed to share the lyrics to it.  It is called In Christ Alone.  I love the times when the Lord shows me that it is Him that I need to place everything before.  In the busyness, it is often times hard to remember!

In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I’ve been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I’ll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

In Christ alone do I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord

In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone

I have been reminded this morning where my strength and hope need to be....How about you?

1 comment: