Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Peace

Last night before bed, Nathan and I were praying for a very dear family that we know that is going through a very scary time.  After we finished, he looked at me and said, "Mom, is there really a purpose for everything we go through?"  I could tell that it just really bothered him that this family has to go through this trial.  I am so thankful for his tender heart toward people. I shared with him that just because we know Christ, doesn't mean we will be free of pain.  That is until we get to see HIM face to face! After our talk, I went to bed really thinking about the questions that he had and asked God to help me explain it a little better. 
While reading today, I came across this verse.....Colossians 3:14-15. 
14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
Peace is the main mark of the authority of Christ.  A sense of peace will always accompany His will even when it is not our personal preference.  Christ is the Prince of Peace!  We can have peace because HE is peace. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment