In Exodus 19, the Lord reveals Himself to the Israelites at Mt. Sinai. It was called the Mountain of God. At this place, God brought them closer to Himself.
Exodus 19:4-6 --"You have seen what I did to the Egyptians. You know how I carried you on eagles wings and brought you to myself. Now if you will obey me and keep my convenant, you will be my own special treasure from all the peoples on earth; for all the earth belongs to me. And you will be my kingdom of priests, my holy nation. This is the message you must give to the people of Israel."
I have read about the Israelites in the wilderness for many years, but until this study and this point in my life, I haven't seen how unique God's ways really are toward us individually. I am sure that there are many others that have done this study but God has shown them something very different. Why? Because each one of us has our own set of circumstances and unique personalities! Christ has saved me from slavery to sin and has led me on a journey so that I can meet Him in my own personal way at my own "Mountain of God".
God wants fellowship with us. There are so many things in Christianity that fight to take the place of fellowship (relationship) with God. It could be ministry itself, finances and even friendships. I was thinking back to that moment in my life when I knew that I needed Jesus to save me. At the age of 12, I was so very aware of my sins. I wanted to be "good" and on the outside it seemed that I was, but I knew that God could see my heart and that I needed Him. He desired more than to change me on the outside. He wanted a relationship with me and I clung to that! Before long being a Christian became a way of living that meant following a bunch of rules and "how things looked on the outside." When I went to church they talked about God like He was so far away. Growing up in our church, I never remember being taught that the Holy Spirit lives in me as a believer. It was more like you had to come to church on Sunday to get "filled up" and try to make it last until you could make it back again. I can remember saying to myself as a teenager, "I know God can do more than I have seen!" I remember reading the stories in the Bible and feeling so close to God even though I didn't understand all that I was reading. I love how He gives us just what we need when we need it. When I became a Christian, He started me on a journey (just like the Israelites). There are many parts of my journey that I have not liked, but as I look back on them they were the parts that made me run to Him. Everytime I have brought my needs before Him, He has taught me that it is only Him that can satisfy that need!
My blog has moved!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment