The biggest thing I took away from my Bible study this week is how God refreshes us in the midst of walking in the wilderness. Exodus 15:27 says, "Then they came to Elim where there were twelve springs of water and seventy date palms, and they camped there beside the waters." I think it is so cool how God provided twelve springs of water for them at Elim and there were twelve tribes of Israel! He gave them just what they needed to make it through and also provide some much needed refreshment.
Like the Israelites, He knows exactly what I need to encourage me on my journey. I think it is a good reminder to look at all that He has done, so I got out my journal and turned way back. I saw two big things that we needed that He provided. Then in the midst of those things I saw the day by day things that I had entered. They weren't "big" material things but they were God speaking to me through my Bible study, sermons I listen to online, books that I read, encouragement from my coworker, watching my children grow up and experience God for themselves. As I look back on all those enteries I realized that it was in the day to day living that He shows me His provision and care the most. This doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the "big" things, it just reminds me of how He loves us each in a way He knows we receive love the best. I have never been really big on receiving gifts. It's not that I am not grateful for them, it's just not how I feel loved. I feel the most loved by God when He walks right beside me and whispers what He wants me to learn through what I am reading, listening to or the relationships He puts around me. These are the blessings that I see Him in the most and I thank Him for them daily.
Tonight, a lady shared this verse with me: Isaiah 42:16, "I will lead the blind by a way they do not know. In paths they do not know, I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them.
These past few years, He has been leading me by a way I do not know. I can see how He guides me (sometimes I listen and other times I do not). I can also see how He is beginning to take this part of my journey and make the darkness into light!!
My blog has moved!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment