A few days ago I was talking through this whole homeschooling thing with Glenda, a lady I work with. She encouraged me with a lot of things. One thing she told me to do was to ask God to give me some signs that when things get hard, I can look back on and remember that God called me to do this. I have been flooded with things and I just wanted to share how faithful HE is to answer our prayers. The very first thing was Ashley and Nathan's response. I was so concerned that they would feel left out:( When I asked them separately to pray for the possibility, they both immediately said, "You should do it Mom!" I was a little more concerned about what Nathan was going to say because he was the one who begged me to go back to homeschooling after we put him in school. He immediately said, "That would be the best for Daniel, you need to do it!" I looked up and thanked the Lord right away. Some other things were my work schedule. I am blown away at the understanding and generosity of Jack and Susan that I work for. Today they gave me so much encouragement and told me not to worry and to come in when I can. God is faithful to provide. Among the other things were.....encouragement from a friend in a text this morning and her willingness to help me with ideas, a laptop computer....yes, God can really outdo Himself can't He? and an inspiring email from a dear mom in our church who reminded me that it is God teaching Daniel through me and that He only expects me to do my best and he will do the rest. Now I am crying......not because I am scared anymore but because I am in awe at why He loves me so much. I know I don't deserve it...but He loves me in spite of myself. When He looks at me, He sees His precious sons blood that covers all my sin!
Last but definitely NOT least the support and encouragement I have received from my wonderful husband. He has been so strong for me. I love you so much, Michael!
So when the days get tough ahead I am going to look back to all these things and rest in HIM.
My blog has moved!
1 year ago
I'm so proud of you! I will be praying for you as you journey with God on this. Can't wait to hear all He has in store for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy! We need to talk sometime soon:)
ReplyDelete